Tuesday, January 10, 2012

regret . . .

i have one.
one that still makes me cry.


skip back about 12 years ago
i was on my one week break from
the aveda institute minneapolis

we went to visit my last living grandparent
{my granny}
for the last time . . .
she had terminal colon cancer

 

i debated about whether or not i should bring my scissors along
to give her a haircut

i decided not to --
i didn't want them to get confiscated at security
+
i just didn't know if she would feel up to it, you know?

and wouldn't you know it . . .
the first thing she asked me when we walked in the door
"did you bring your scissors along?"

i STILL get teared up to this day


one of her favorite things was the
albuquerque international balloon fiesta
so whenever i see hot air balloons . . .
it makes me smile and think of her!

picture credit: www.balloonfiesta.com




















i can't wait to bring my kids someday!
{i am all about sentiment and tradition}

 

hug your grandparents if you still have them!
they are a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment