Wednesday, January 11, 2012

spa . . . aaaahhhh

i recently went to my favorite spa for a few relaxing hours . . .

first up:  facial
my favorite esthetician {and former coworker}
got out of the business a number of years ago
so i have struggled to find someone as good as her.
but, alas . . .
i FOUND her replacement!
service grade: A+

next up: pedicure
normally i do them myself
i am a little {okay, a lot} picky
especially about the painting!
but i love the relaxation piece of it
so i sucked it up!
a few days before i went, i took off my polish
cut and filed my toenails
and did a little buffing . . .
the nail tech seemed a little annoyed that i did half her work for her
then she asked what i do for a living
and since i can't lie ... i told her that i do hair
she got a little sassy from there on out!

my color choice:
opi nicki minaj - metallic 4 life
{one of my toes has already chipped}
service grade:  B-

last up:  shellac
this was with the same nail tech
this service was in the salon section
so not as relaxing --
but, by far the best shellac i have ever had!
again, she was not super social or overly nice
but what she lacked in tact . . .
she made up for in talent!

my color choice:
cnd shellac - asphalt
and i was happy to hear that come feb/march
shellac is coming out with some new colors!
service grade: B+


it was so very nice to be the client!
i think i'll keep doing my toes myself  . . .
but i am looking forward to my next facial and shellac!

No comments:

Post a Comment